Marketing Orthopedics: Strategies for service line campaigns
Register for this webcast
WEBCAST ON CD
Sponsored by Healthcare Strategic Management
presented on December 11, 2007
Grow your orthopedic services with a strong marketing plan
With the demand for hip and knee replacements higher than ever, the orthopedic service line can bring in big business for a hospital or health system. But to meet the unique needs of your community and differentiate from rising competition, you need a marketing strategy that will strengthen your brand, bring in new patients, and tracks measurable results.
During this Webcast, expert healthcare marketers and consultants discuss the research and strategic planning that should be the foundation of any successful orthopedic service line campaign. Learn how one hospital has undertaken one such orthopedic marketing plan. From the first stage of planning to measuring final results, hear what worked for them and what they plan to do differently in future campaigns. You'll find out the right questions to ask before getting started, and where to find the answers you need. This firsthand, real-world knowledge will provide you with valuable information and advice for promoting your organization's orthopedic services.
Listen to this informative Webcast and learn how to:
- Identify and assess competition in your market
- Target the correct segment of your market
- Collect and present data internally
- Determine if the campaign will be financially successful
- Measure the success of your marketing plan
- Adjust your plan based on successes or failures
- Should you market your orthopedic service line?
- Identify the target market
- Assess the competition
- Defining your market segments
- Perform a SWOT analysis
- Building your plan
- Communication tools
- Collect data and present it to your CEO
- University of Maryland Health System Case Study
- Market overview
- Why the decided to market their orthopedic service line
- How they conveyed their message
- Marketing tools
- Internet strategy
- Media strategy
- Measuring results
- Lessons learned
- Evaluating your plan
- Addressing perceived weaknesses
- Revising your plan
MEET OUR PRESENTERS
- David Brond is vice president of marketing and planning for the University of Maryland Medical System.
- Barbara Ettington is president of Ettington Et. al, a marketing consulting firm based in Tenafly, NJ.
- Paul Richards is a partner in Blue Water Market Research, LLC in Bernardsville, NJ and a market research specialistis.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Anyone who plans and executes marketing campaigns in hospitals and health systems will benefit from this program. This includes leaders and professionals in these roles:
- Marketing, PR, community relations
- Business development
- Service line management
- Physician leadership
- Marketing consulting.