The New Primary Care Model: A Patient-Centered Approach to Care Coordination
By HealthLeaders Media Staff, April 30, 2014
About this Report:
This report is available in a premium, buying power, and complimentary version. Decide which is right for you:
COMPLIMENTARY - A complimentary resource, this Intelligence Report offers proprietary survey results on critical topics in healthcare, powered by the HealthLeaders Media 6,500 member Council.
Access expert analysis on industry trends and issues affecting your organization.
Media Requirements: Adobe Reader 9 or later. To print the free report, download and save the file first.
PREMIUM - is designed for healthcare decision makers, and provides key takeaways and actionable strategies; three real-world case studies; segmentation data, and a meeting guide.
PREMIUM BUYING POWER - is designed for healthcare industry suppliers and includes all the content in the Premium version, plus: detailed drill-down data on purchasing trends and projections to aid marketing and sales strategies.
More information about this report
This exclusive, original research and analysis offers key insight from top healthcare executives and clinical leaders, including:
- Two-thirds (67%) of respondents say they expect to invest in coordinated care over the next three years?but half (49%) admit that care coordination is a top challenge.
- Providing patient-centered care (58%) and enhancing patient access to primary care (57%) are also top priorities.
- Although physicians are key to transforming primary care, nearly half (45%) say physicians lack the time to do so.
- The financial underpinnings of primary care redesign are being established, with nearly two-thirds (61%) in payer relationships that reward performance related to primary care redesign.
- Nearly two-thirds of healthcare leaders (59%) acknowledge that fostering patient engagement in their own care is a top challenge. Their top engagement tactic is by far (78%) nurse phone calls.
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- When a hospital closes
- Administration: 7.3M now enrolled in Obamacare
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says