Patient Experience and HCAHPS—Little Consensus on a Top Priority
"People are saying [patient experience] is a high priority, yet so many have no investment. Ten years ago it was in the same pool as quality, but we split patient experience out to get people to focus on it."
This exclusive, original research and analysis offers key insight from top healthcare executives and clinical leaders, including:
- 84% of health leaders rank patient experience among their top three priorities
- But more than half (58%) have not made specific patient-experience investments
- Only one in five of those who link physician compensation with patient experience provide an incentive greater than 5%
- 28% of health leaders invest in patient experience to maximize their revenue via better HCAHPS scores
- Yet 54% say HCAHPS is not an effective measure of patient experience
The report is available in two versions:
PREMIUM - provides everything in the free report, plus: segmentation data; key takeaways and actionable strategies; three real-world case studies; and discussion questions.
PREMIUM BUYING POWER - is designed for healthcare industry suppliers and includes all the content in the Premium version, plus: detailed drill-down data on purchasing trends and projections to aid marketing and sales strategies.
Media Requirements: Adobe Reader 9 or later, available for free download.