Volume, Flow, and Safety Issues in the ED
"We have a huge access issue with the shortage of primary care physicians and with anticipated higher volume in the ED. They are not going to see their primary care physicians so they are going to the ED; it's their only choice."
— Randy Davis, Senior Vice President and CIO, Northcrest Medical Center, Springfield, Tenn.
This exclusive, original research and analysis offers key insight from top healthcare executives and clinical leaders, including:
- 46% of healthcare leaders say their ED is overcrowded
- Of those with overcrowded EDs, 51% said they were very concerned about patient safety as a result
- 80% said healthcare reform would worsen their ED revenue margin
- 42% said reform would worsen their ED patient volume
- 95% have current or ongoing efforts to improve throughput efficiency in their ED
Multimedia Requirements: Adobe Reader 9 or later, available for free download. (Past Reader versions require an active internet connection to access audios and videos.)