Physician Alignment in the New Shared Risk Environment
About this Report:
This Intelligence Report offers proprietary survey results on critical topics in healthcare, powered by the HealthLeaders Media 6,200+ member Council. The report is available in premium and buying power. Decide which is right for you:
PREMIUM - is designed for healthcare decision makers, and provides key takeaways and actionable strategies; three real-world case studies; segmentation data, and a meeting guide.
PREMIUM BUYING POWER - is designed for healthcare industry suppliers and includes all the content in the Premium version, plus: detailed drill-down data on purchasing trends and projections to aid marketing and sales strategies.
More information about this report
This exclusive, original research and analysis offers key insight from top healthcare executives and clinical leaders, including:
- In spite of recent attention to adding employed physicians, relationships with independents appear strong. While the percentage of independents is declining, they are still expected to be in the majority (56%) compared to employed physicians (44%) in three years.
- The percentage of healthcare providers involved in clinical integration will more than double to 46% within three years as hospitalists, medical staff, and paid directorships decline.
- Within three years, more than half (51%) of respondents expect to be pursuing population health, up from 33% now.
- ACO participation is expected to grow from 41% to 55% within three years—likely due to the increased importance of collaboration and growing concerns about taking on risk.
- More than half (52%) of respondents are pursuing patient-centered medical homes, compared to just 39% a year ago.