Healthcare IT cloud safety: 5 basics
As more healthcare organizations become comfortable with using cloud services, there's a risk this familiarity could lead to complacency -- and that endangers patient data, networks, and the organization's very reputation. Cloud services continue to gain traction across verticals, including other highly regulated industries such as finance, and healthcare organizations can tap existing tools, governance policies, and procedures to preserve integrity and security. To do so, IT must be vigilant and proactive, experts say, and CIOs must work closely with their business counterparts to ensure the cloud is both the best technological and organizational solution to the problem.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- These Algorithms Reduce Readmissions
- Payer Calls for More Primary Care Docs, Team Care