Healthcare IT cloud safety: 5 basics
As more healthcare organizations become comfortable with using cloud services, there's a risk this familiarity could lead to complacency -- and that endangers patient data, networks, and the organization's very reputation. Cloud services continue to gain traction across verticals, including other highly regulated industries such as finance, and healthcare organizations can tap existing tools, governance policies, and procedures to preserve integrity and security. To do so, IT must be vigilant and proactive, experts say, and CIOs must work closely with their business counterparts to ensure the cloud is both the best technological and organizational solution to the problem.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening