Cerner, McKesson cooperating for HIE, interoperability's sake?
Two of the largest vendors of electronic health records products are in discussions to make their EHR patient data exchange interoperable—a deal which, if completed, would potentially present a shift in the entire interoperable landscape for hospitals, physicians and patients. Cerner Corp. and McKesson Corp. are working on a joint agreement to enable cross-vendor, national health information exchange, say sources with some knowledge of an impending deal between the two vendors.
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- Reducing Readmissions Starts with Better Collaboration
- Ebola: A New Normal in Dallas
- Partners HealthCare M&A Deal Under Scrutiny
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Educated Nurses Save Money
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- As virus spreads, insurers exclude Ebola from new policies
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars