Cerner, McKesson cooperating for HIE, interoperability's sake?
Two of the largest vendors of electronic health records products are in discussions to make their EHR patient data exchange interoperable—a deal which, if completed, would potentially present a shift in the entire interoperable landscape for hospitals, physicians and patients. Cerner Corp. and McKesson Corp. are working on a joint agreement to enable cross-vendor, national health information exchange, say sources with some knowledge of an impending deal between the two vendors.
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- How Physicians Can Help Ease Mental Health Provider Shortages
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Boston Marathon Bombing Yields Lessons for Hospitals
- Physicians as Economic Powerhouses and Tech Laggards
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics