TX probes Dallas hospital for patient abuse
Texas health authorities are investigating allegations that employees at a troubled Dallas hospital restrained and shoved toilet paper into the mouth of a mental health patient. The Dallas Morning News reports Sunday a nurse and co-worker also put a sheet over the patient's head at Parkland Memorial Hospital after she spat on them as they strapped her into a chair. A Parkland spokeswoman says two employees have been dismissed. A police report describing video footage says blood is visible on the toilet paper after it was removed from the patient's mouth. The police investigation has been closed as "unfounded."
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013