TX probes Dallas hospital for patient abuse
Texas health authorities are investigating allegations that employees at a troubled Dallas hospital restrained and shoved toilet paper into the mouth of a mental health patient. The Dallas Morning News reports Sunday a nurse and co-worker also put a sheet over the patient's head at Parkland Memorial Hospital after she spat on them as they strapped her into a chair. A Parkland spokeswoman says two employees have been dismissed. A police report describing video footage says blood is visible on the toilet paper after it was removed from the patient's mouth. The police investigation has been closed as "unfounded."
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Report: Enrollees still face account problems on Healthcare.gov
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers