Patient burned during surgery at Minneapolis hospital

Minneapolis Star Tribune, August 12, 2008
A patient having heart pacemaker surgery at Abbott Northwestern Hospital in Minneapolis was burned on her face, lips and shoulder when a fire burst out from under the sterile drapes covering her body. State health investigators found that the hospital violated safety and procedural policies that contributed to the incident. Abbott reported the incident to the Minnesota Department of Health, and the report said that doctors and hospital staff involved in the incident have been "re-educated" on safety protocols.

MOST POPULAR

SPONSORED REPORTS
SPONSORED HEADLINES

SIGN UP

FREE e-Newsletters Join the Council Subscribe to HL magazine

SPONSORSHIP & ADVERTISING

100 Winners Circle Suite 300
Brentwood, TN 37027

800-727-5257

About | Advertise | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Reprints/Permissions | Contact
© HealthLeaders Media 2015 a division of BLR All rights reserved.