Cardiologists sever ties with Mercy, head back to private practice
Cardiologist Dr. Patricia Cole and her seven partners are leaving Mercy Clinic to set up a private practice once again. Cole was one of eight cardiologists, and more than 50 staff members, who joined Mercy in 2010 when the medical center acquired their private practice group Heart Health Center, which previously was part of Missouri Baptist Medical Center's Heart Center. Cole said Mercy is in the process of developing a new nationwide contract for physicians in its cardiology group, and wanted Cole and her partners to break their existing contract a year and a half early to sign the new contract, which the doctors declined to do.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- Providers Ask HHS to Address EHR Interoperability Barriers
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- 5 Digital Marketing Efforts Every Hospital Should Try
- The Drug Price Reform Debate
- 16 Medicare Advantage Plans Earn 5-Star Ratings