3 Heart Month Promotions Pump Up Awareness
February is American Heart month and while many hospital-based campaigns to promote cardio health enjoy high visibility, these three are particularly engaging.
Sometimes, hospital marketing is a no-brainer. It's an obvious choice for marketers around the country promote their organizations' cardiovascular service lines in February, a month now synonymous with heart health, thanks to the American Heart Association and the Go Red For Women campaign.
Yet, at the same time, herein lies the trouble: how do you make your hospital or health system rise above the rest when every other healthcare organization in town is marketing the exact same thing?
In 2014, several hospitals were able to stand out from the sea of red. Here are my three favorites.
1. Farmers' Market Festivities
Easton (PA) Hospital is providing heart health demonstrations and handing out giveaways every Saturday during February at the local farmers' market, which the hospital began sponsoring in December.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts