3 Heart Month Promotions Pump Up Awareness
February is American Heart month and while many hospital-based campaigns to promote cardio health enjoy high visibility, these three are particularly engaging.
Sometimes, hospital marketing is a no-brainer. It's an obvious choice for marketers around the country promote their organizations' cardiovascular service lines in February, a month now synonymous with heart health, thanks to the American Heart Association and the Go Red For Women campaign.
Yet, at the same time, herein lies the trouble: how do you make your hospital or health system rise above the rest when every other healthcare organization in town is marketing the exact same thing?
In 2014, several hospitals were able to stand out from the sea of red. Here are my three favorites.
1. Farmers' Market Festivities
Easton (PA) Hospital is providing heart health demonstrations and handing out giveaways every Saturday during February at the local farmers' market, which the hospital began sponsoring in December.
- HCA to Acquire CareNow Urgent Care Centers
- BCBS Tries New Drug Contracting Model
- Dental Board Case Before SCOTUS Has Far-Reaching Implications
- Abington Health, Jefferson Health Plan '100% Equal' Merger
- Federal Appeals Court Mulls Observation Status
- The Case for Recycling Surgical Supplies
- 76% of Physicians Don't Like CMS Quality Reporting Programs
- How the Military's EHR Reboot Will Impact Interoperability
- Ballot Initiative Pits Providers Against Payers in SD
- How One Health System Saved $3.5M in Benefits Costs