Duke Health restricting hospital visits
Duke University Health System says it is restricting patient visits at its hospitals and facilities as a result of a sharp rise of influenza infections in the Triangle. Effective Wednesday afternoon, visits at the system's three hospitals and two ambulatory surgical centers will be limited to immediate family and designated caregivers over age 18 who have no fever, cough or flu-like symptoms. In addition, patients will be allowed to receive no more than two visitors at a time.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts