Jackson Health CEO donates bonus to Women's Hospital
Jackson Health System CEO and president Carlos Migoya has donated his $160,000 bonus to support renovations of Jackson Women's Hospital. The money will go toward the $20 million fundraising goal for the project. Renovations are intended to "modernize" the hospital with upgrades including private suites for family visits. Migoya, who has been CEO since 2011, has a son who was born at Jackson 35 years ago. The boy weighed 1 pound at birth and was in severe medical danger.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- These Algorithms Reduce Readmissions
- Payer Calls for More Primary Care Docs, Team Care