America's stunningly overpriced healthcare system in 2 charts
It's no secret that the U.S. spends a crippling amount of money on healthcare. Here's some global perspective from Credit Suisse in two charts. The first shows healthcare spending as a share of GDP. It's not hard to find the U.S. The second chart is a bit more damning. It shows that the branded drugs Americans get are available for around half price across Europe.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening