America's stunningly overpriced healthcare system in 2 charts
It's no secret that the U.S. spends a crippling amount of money on healthcare. Here's some global perspective from Credit Suisse in two charts. The first shows healthcare spending as a share of GDP. It's not hard to find the U.S. The second chart is a bit more damning. It shows that the branded drugs Americans get are available for around half price across Europe.
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives
- In PCMH, the 'P' is Not for 'Physician'
- AMA Pushes Lame Duck Congress for SGR Repeal