MetroHealth Medical Center names new CEO
Dr. John Brennan, an emergency medicine physician and president and CEO of Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in New Jersey, was officially approved by MetroHealth board members as the president and CEO of the MetroHealth System. He will begin his duties the first week of January. The hope is that he will help the public hospital maintain its charitable mission in the changing health care environment. Brennan said it was MetroHealth's mission to "serve the uninsured and underinsured" that drew him to the health system.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- These Algorithms Reduce Readmissions
- Payer Calls for More Primary Care Docs, Team Care