MetroHealth Medical Center names new CEO
Dr. John Brennan, an emergency medicine physician and president and CEO of Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in New Jersey, was officially approved by MetroHealth board members as the president and CEO of the MetroHealth System. He will begin his duties the first week of January. The hope is that he will help the public hospital maintain its charitable mission in the changing health care environment. Brennan said it was MetroHealth's mission to "serve the uninsured and underinsured" that drew him to the health system.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- Providers Ask HHS to Address EHR Interoperability Barriers