NC's Wake Forest Baptist Hospital to eliminate 950 jobs
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center will lay off 76 employees this week and cut a total of 950 jobs by the end of next June, the center's chief executive, Dr. John McConnell, said Wednesday. He said most of the cuts are administrative positions, but some faculty members could lose their jobs due to cuts in federal research funding. In a statement, the center said the cuts were being made "after a long and careful review of current staffing levels across the organization."
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness