MD's healthcare experiment: An insurance co-op
Ken Ulman knows the value of health insurance: His brother Doug, the chief executive officer of the Livestrong Foundation, beat cancer three times because he had coverage, Ulman says. That's a big reason Ulman's tried to expand access to medical care as county executive of Maryland's Howard County, just south of Baltimore. It's required some innovation.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'