MD's healthcare experiment: An insurance co-op
Ken Ulman knows the value of health insurance: His brother Doug, the chief executive officer of the Livestrong Foundation, beat cancer three times because he had coverage, Ulman says. That's a big reason Ulman's tried to expand access to medical care as county executive of Maryland's Howard County, just south of Baltimore. It's required some innovation.
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- In PCMH, the 'P' is Not for 'Physician'
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives
- Six Not-So-Good Reasons for Avoiding Population Health