Health Net terminates 6 Tenet Hospital contracts
Health Net Inc. announced that its subsidiaries have terminated agreements with all six of Tenet Healthcare Corp.'s Southern California hospitals after the two companies failed to renegotiate reimbursement rates. The Woodland Hills insurer said it thinks Tenet's reimbursement should be in line with the medical consumer price index, which currently averages more than 3 percent and that reimbursement for government programs like Medi-Cal need to be consistent with that inflation rate.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening