Tenet Healthcare to acquire Saint Mary's Hospital (CT)
A Texas-based hospital chain that is buying four Connecticut hospitals said in a surprise announcement Tuesday it will add a fifth to its roster: Saint Mary's in Waterbury. Connecticut's legislature this year passed a bill allowing for-profit hospitals to employ doctors, removing a hurdle that jeopardized Tenet Healthcare Corp.'s plans to buy four nonprofit hospitals in Connecticut: Waterbury, Bristol, Manchester Memorial and Rockville General. Tenet Healthcare said it had been in talks privately with executives at Saint Mary's for some time, but the hospital's board had to approve the acquisition, which it did last week.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US