Tenet Healthcare to acquire Saint Mary's Hospital (CT)
A Texas-based hospital chain that is buying four Connecticut hospitals said in a surprise announcement Tuesday it will add a fifth to its roster: Saint Mary's in Waterbury. Connecticut's legislature this year passed a bill allowing for-profit hospitals to employ doctors, removing a hurdle that jeopardized Tenet Healthcare Corp.'s plans to buy four nonprofit hospitals in Connecticut: Waterbury, Bristol, Manchester Memorial and Rockville General. Tenet Healthcare said it had been in talks privately with executives at Saint Mary's for some time, but the hospital's board had to approve the acquisition, which it did last week.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- Providers Ask HHS to Address EHR Interoperability Barriers
- 16 Medicare Advantage Plans Earn 5-Star Ratings
- The Drug Price Reform Debate
- 5 Digital Marketing Efforts Every Hospital Should Try
- CMS' new investment model will help ACOs with health IT