Tenet Healthcare to acquire Saint Mary's Hospital (CT)
A Texas-based hospital chain that is buying four Connecticut hospitals said in a surprise announcement Tuesday it will add a fifth to its roster: Saint Mary's in Waterbury. Connecticut's legislature this year passed a bill allowing for-profit hospitals to employ doctors, removing a hurdle that jeopardized Tenet Healthcare Corp.'s plans to buy four nonprofit hospitals in Connecticut: Waterbury, Bristol, Manchester Memorial and Rockville General. Tenet Healthcare said it had been in talks privately with executives at Saint Mary's for some time, but the hospital's board had to approve the acquisition, which it did last week.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch