HMA hospital group hit again
A Pennsylvania insurance network announced this week that it was canceling its Medicaid contract with the two Lancaster HMA hospitals, as well as with a Carlisle HMA hospital. The move will affect about 3,000 patients. In the wake of the developments, the head of the two local HMA hospitals said they remain dedicated to patient care. "The associates and physicians at Heart of Lancaster Regional Medical Center and Lancaster Regional Medical Center are always focused, first and foremost, on providing the highest-quality care possible in our communities," said Bob Moore, market chief executive officer of the two HMA hospitals here.
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- When a hospital closes
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances