2 GA Healthcare Systems Ink Partnership Deal
Leaders of Oconee Regional Health Systems and Central Georgia Health System have signed a letter of intent to jointly develop healthcare services while aiming to achieve economies of scale and better population health.
Two large Georgia healthcare systems announced Tuesday a strategic partnership designed to improve patient care services throughout a seven-county area in Central and Southern Georgia.
Oconee Regional Health Systems (ORHS) which operates Oconee Regional Medical Center (ORMC) in Milledgeville and Oconee Regional Health Ventures and Jasper Health Services in Monticello, has executed a letter of intent to jointly develop healthcare services with Central Georgia Health System (CGHS) and its Medical Center of Central Georgia (MCCG) in Macon.
The 637-bed MCCG is the only tertiary hospital between Atlanta and Jacksonville, FL.
"It's not a completed deal at this point in time, but we do want our respective communities to know what is coming… over the next several months for the benefit of our patients, for our medical staff and for our community…" Jean Aycock, ORHS president and CEO, said in a teleconference.
One joint project already in the works, is an outpatient primary care center in Milledgeville, GA "that will house primary care, urgent care, and potentially occupational medicine and other programs," Aycock said.
It is expected to open in the next three or four months, "and will be one of the first visible things that our community will see in terms of additional access."
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'