Tenet Opens Population Health Campus
Resolute Health Hospital is a test lab for population health that links all providers in Tenet Healthcare's network and the hospital on a single EMR to coordinate care.
CEO at Resolute Health Hospital
With that in mind, Tenet Healthcare Corporation is shouting out its $200 million commitment to population health and value-based care with the opening this week of its 128-bed Resolute Health Hospital in New Braunfels, TX.
Resolute Health Hospital is Tenet's 79th hospital, and the 19th in Texas for the Dallas-based chain. Situated on the fast-growing I-35 corridor between San Antonio and Austin, the 365,000-square-foot Resolute Health Hospital has all the amenities that we've come to expect from newly built acute-care hospitals: all private rooms, state-of-the-art HIT, opulent decor, and a range of lucrative service lines including cardiovascular and orthopedics.
It is not so much the capital projects or the 56-acre "wellness campus" that make the Resolute Health Hospital campus so intriguing. It's the strategy behind the investment. Tenet is using Resolute Health Hospital as a test lab for population health that links all providers in the network and the hospital on a single EMR to coordinate care.
Many health systems build their population health models around anchor hospitals, a one-stop shopping strategy modeled somewhat like suburban shopping malls.
Tenet turned that model on its ear and built Resolute Health Hospital around its population health model.
Tess Coody-Anders, CEO at Resolute Health Hospital, says building the hospital was the next-to-last piece of a project on the wellness campus that was part of the design when Tenet launched the pilot nearly four years ago.
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- Narrow Networks Enjoying a Resurgence
- Physicians Trained in High-Cost Regions Spend More
- Christmas Tree Syndrome Season Underway
- HL20: Anne Wojcicki—Unlocking Consumer Access to Genetics
- Population Health Starts with Ending Hunger
- HL20: Tom X. Lee, MD—Reinventing Primary Care
- HL20: José Ramón Fernández-Peña, MD, MPA—A Welcoming Approach
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic