Children's could take over management of LSU hospital
State officials and leaders of the Louisiana Children's Medical Center hope the private company will take over management of New Orleans' public hospital by June 24, with the deal ready for approval by state boards as soon as next month. At a meeting on Thursday, officials said they wanted the deal cemented before the new fiscal year begins July 1. The quick timetable means that employees of the Interim LSU Public Hospital could be receiving layoff notices over the next two months.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs