Children's could take over management of LSU hospital
State officials and leaders of the Louisiana Children's Medical Center hope the private company will take over management of New Orleans' public hospital by June 24, with the deal ready for approval by state boards as soon as next month. At a meeting on Thursday, officials said they wanted the deal cemented before the new fiscal year begins July 1. The quick timetable means that employees of the Interim LSU Public Hospital could be receiving layoff notices over the next two months.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics