Hartford-based St. Francis Hospital's cardiac program facing scrutiny
Hartford Courant, September 1, 2009
The temporary failure of a vital piece of medical equipment used in cardiac surgeries continues to have repercussions for St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center in Hartford. The Connecticut Department of Public Health is conducting an investigation of the hospital following an initial survey completed in August.
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law