Piedmont, Emory sue to ban heart procedure at Lawrenceville, GA, facility
Atlanta Journal-Constitution, August 19, 2009
Emory and Piedmont hospitals have filed lawsuits to prevent Gwinnett Medical Center from starting to perform open-heart surgeries at its Lawrenceville, GA, facility. The lawsuits aim to reverse a state approval of Gwinnett's open-heart program by the commissioner of the state Department of Community Health.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?