University of Chicago organ transplant services comes to Evanston Hospital
The University of Chicago transplant evaluation program has brought state-of-the-art screening and treatment to Evanston Hospital, providing nearly everything but the actual surgery for organ recipients and candidates. An outgrowth of the 1-year-old partnership between University of Chicago, where the surgery would be performed, and NorthShore University HealthSystem, the program will assess potential recipients for heart, lung, liver, pancreas, and multi-organ transplants.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care