University of South Florida plans $4 million surgery center
The University of South Florida has partnered with Intuitive Surgical Inc. to establish the USF Health daVinci Center for Computer Assisted Surgery. The $4 million center at the USF College of Medicine in Tampa is one of two centers nationwide using the daVinci Surgical Systems SI model to teach physicians in training and community physicians how to do robotic-assisted surgery, USF Health said in a release.
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians