In the final rule on value-based purchasing incentives, federal officials deleted five requirements that had been in the proposed rule because they had been “topped out”—that is, most hospitals already were at or close to 100% compliance.
Those measures are:
- Acute Myocardial Infarction
- ??Prescribing aspirin at discharge
- Heart Failure
- Evaluating left ventricular systolic function
- Prescribing an angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor or an angiotensin receptor blocker for left ventricular systolic dysfunction
- Giving patients a pneumococcal vaccination
- Giving patients an influenza vaccination
Cheryl Clark is senior quality editor and California correspondent for HealthLeaders Media. She is a member of the Association of Health Care Journalists.