To expand the reaches of recruitment, in 2009 Baystate Health launched its online physician portal where physicians can find the resources they need to research lifestyle, clinical care, and recruitment questions. The organization has been able to decrease cost-per-hire due to more targeted marketing strategies as a result.
Portal website stats include:
- Increased the number of visitors by 201% in 2011 compared with 2010
- 520 visitors per month on average since Feb. 2010
- An average of 65% new visitors per month on average
Direct results from the portal on recruitment:
- Interviews conducted dropped from 222 in 2009 to 188 in 2010, another possible correlation to the web portal helping candidates self-select
- Number of hires increasing by 17% from FY09 to FY10
- 30% of hires sourced through online advertising, the largest source of candidates next to Referrals and BMC/Tufts Residency Programs
"By providing as much information and resources up front to physicians via our website, we also expect a bit of 'self de-selection' of those candidates who are not going to be the best fit for the organization," Moses explains.
"By controlling the information that is provided to candidates on our website, it filters out someone who may not ultimately choose our organization and, in turn, increase our acceptance rate because we are (ideally) only interviewing candidates who truly want to work at Baystate Health."