· In Houston, nine people were charged in schemes involving $8 million in fraudulent Medicare claims for physical therapy, durable medical equipment, home health care and chiropractor services.
· In Dallas, seven people were indicted for conspiring to submit $2.8 million in false billing to Medicare related to durable medical equipment and home healthcare.
· In Los Angeles, five people were charged in schemes to defraud Medicare of more than $28 million, involving false claims for durable medical equipment and home health care.
· In Baton Rouge, six people were charged for a durable medical equipment fraud scheme involving more than $9 million in false claims.
· In Chicago, charges were filed against 11 people in businesses that have billed Medicare more than $6 million for home health, diagnostic testing and prescription drugs.
Since their inception in March 2007, Strike Force operations in nine districts have charged more than 990 people who collectively have falsely billed Medicare for more than $2.3 billion.