Aligning Hospitals and Physicians Toward Value
The current relationship between hospitals and physicians has been built around rewarding for volume of services and not quality. That model is breaking down as reformers in Washington have hospital and physician inefficiency in their sights, with Medicare pushing toward value-based purchasing and experimenting with a payment system that rewards a system of coordinated care.
In this HealthLeaders Media Breakthroughs report, four leading hospital systems—Gundersen Lutheran Health System, Sanford Health-MeritCare, SSM Health Care and Virginia Mason Medical Center—share the lessons they have learned to help them:
- Build physician input into the highest levels of the organization
- Get physicians and administrative leaders to use the same language
- Use more than one physician model toward the same goal
- Start the steps to sharing risk, and rewards for quality of care
HealthLeaders Media Breakthroughs brings industry intelligence to life through multimedia-rich case studies that showcase today’s most progressive organizations. Download yours free and:
- Find critical solutions from top executive teams.
- Go behind the trends with interactive charts and graphs.
- Dive into the insights from more than 20 healthcare executives.
- Hear and view their advice in on-demand audio and video clips.
- Download it. Read it now. Share it. Come back to it for ideas and inspiration.
For information on collaboration opportunities email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 978-223-1723.